How to Change a Taillight Lens in a 2002 Honda CR-V
- 1). Open the lift gate at the rear of your Honda CR-V, and locate the plastic cover strip, running along the inboard edge of the taillight assembly. Pry the cover off the assembly with a small screwdriver, using care not to scratch it. Set it aside.
- 2). Locate the two Phillips head screws under the covers. Remove both screws with a Phillips screwdriver; set the screws aside, and pull the taillight assembly straight off the rear of the SUV.
- 3). Locate the bulb that is not working, and grasp the bulb socket on the rear of the taillight assembly that corresponds to it. Rotate the socket counterclockwise, then pull the socket and bulb out of the taillight assembly.
- 4). Grasp the bulb, and pull it out of the socket. Discard it, and push a new bulb in place. Insert the bulb and socket into the rear of the taillight assembly, then rotate it, clockwise, until it locks in place.
- 5). Position the taillight assembly on the rear of the SUV, and insert the two retaining screws into the mounting holes. Tighten the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
- 6). Snap the covers over the screws, pushing on them, until they are secure. Close the lift gate, and verify that the taillight is working, by turning on the lights or stepping on the brake pedal.